With an internship in the Virginia Aquarium’s education section, you will gain valuable first-hand teaching experience as you work side-by-side with experienced informal educators in a variety of programs. You will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct programs in the new Restless Planet gallery, which highlights the geologic forces that have shaped Virginia’s landscape.
- Develop geology-based activities for a variety of audiences.
• Assist educators with workshops for Aquarium volunteers.
Mentor children ages 5-15 in summer marine science camps.
- Engage at-risk youth with science and nature activities through community outreach programs.
- Participate as an interpreter for boat excursions and beach walks.
The length of the internship is negotiable, but candidates who can commit for at least 90 hours are preferred. Interns will be provided with on-the-job training, information on program content and instructional methods, Aquarium email address, and T-shirts. Candidates should enjoy interacting with people of all ages from diverse backgrounds and working on a team in a creative environment.