Arts & Sciences » Science and Math Education » Noyce Scholars Program » Program Overview
- $10,000 per year in scholarship support
- Money toward a summer internship in research or in a science or mathematics education experience.
- Training and experiences for a teaching certification in science or mathematics (grades 6-12)
Expectations of the Scholarship
- Take courses to earn your teaching certification in science or mathematics
- Take the 1-credit course, "How Students Learn"
- Take a field experience course, "Theory & Practice: Practicum in Science and Math Teaching in High Need Schools"
- Stay in contact with the W&M School of Education after graduation
- Teach for two years in a high needs school district
Read more about the requirements of Noyce scholarship recipients.Learn more about applying and acceptance in to the Noyce scholarship program.