Students applying to the Psychology M.A. program should have undergraduate psychology courses in experimental/research methods and psychology statistics.
Applicants are evaluated based on undergraduate GPA, verbal and quantitative GRE scores (see averages below; note that the GRE subject test in Psychology is not required for admission); and other criteria such as research experience, work experience, and letters of recommendation (see weighting below).
Scores/GPA of Fall 2012 Entering M.A. Students:
- GRE-Verbal: average = 605
- GRE-Quantitative: average = 711
- Overall undergraduate GPA: 3.65
Other Admission Criteria:
- Research experience: High
- Letters of recommendation: High
- Work experience: Medium
- Extracurricular activity: Low
- Clinically related public service: Low
Detailed Admission requirements are outlined in the Graduate Arts and Sciences Program Catalog.