We are very grateful for every gift we receive, no matter the size. It’s especially touching to receive gifts of any amount from recent graduates, conveying gratitude for their educational experience. In the past year, we received twenty-three gifts ranging from $5.00 to $250, with many donations of $25 to $50, totaling more than $1500. Gifts of any amount add up to significant support!
We would also like to recognize some substantial contributions from this past 2012–13 year:
- James D. Bassage, Jr. ’65, on behalf of The Hummingbird Foundation, made two contributions that are supporting professional development in the Department. These donations sustain, among other things, our faculty reading group and our faculty mentoring program.
- Stephen Nathan Chase ’91 made a gift through his firm, KPMG, LLP, which will be used for professional development and support of student mentoring.
- Commitments from H. Edward (Chip) Mann ’77 will be used to enhance the Department’s library.
- Commitments by Michael P. Foradas ’78 will support the department’s conferences and its ongoing speaker series. We have five distinguished speakers scheduled for our 2013–14 colloquia, which are attended by both students and faculty.
- Theresa Thompson ’67 offers on-going support of the department’s biennial conferences and our speaker series through a special fund she established for that purpose. Plans for the department’s 2014–15 conference are now underway.
Thank you to all who help to sustain and augment the programs of the Department of Philosophy!