Final Grades & Transcripts

Accessing Final Grades:

William and Mary does not mail final grades to any of its students.  After the Pre-College Program ends, students will go online to obtain their final grades using the Banner Self-Service portal. Follow these steps to access your unofficial transcript:

  1. Log in to Banner using your W&M User ID and password.  (If you have forgotten your W&M User ID or password, you will need to contact the Technology Support Center.)
  2. After you have logged in, Banner will direct you to a short menu.  Choose "Student" > "Student Records" > "Academic Transcript".
  3. The following screen will present two list boxes for you to choose your term and transcript type.  Ignore these list boxes and just click "Submit."  This will automatically pull up the most current transcript available for you to see.

Final grades will be available in mid-August each year. As a reminder, the transcript that you access through Banner is UNOFFICIAL.  When submitting transcripts to universities for admittance/transferring credits, you will need to provide OFFICIAL transcripts (see below).

Requesting Official Transcripts:

To request an official copy of your transcript, Pre-College Students will need to contact the Office of the University Registrar.  Official transcripts will incur a $7 charge per transcript. Transcript requests may be submitted online, in person or by mail.  Simply follow the instructions on the Registrar's website and direct any questions to their [[registrar,knowledgeable staff]].

Transferring Credits:

Students will receive 4 hours of college credit for the successful completion of the W&M Pre-College Program.  These credits are transferrable to other colleges and universities throughout the United States and abroad.  It is at the discretion of the college/university to which you are transfrerring credits to decide how these four credits will be qualified (i.e. whether they will be applied to a core history requirement or listed as an elective).

To make the transfer process as easy as possible, it is recommended that you keep your course syllabus, as it can be submitted to other colleges/universities and help your case for applying these credits to an American history requirement.