Application Deadline for Summer 2014: May 15, 2014.
Applications should be postmarked by this date.
To obtain printed copies of the application forms listed below, you may:
- [[precol, email]] us
- call us at (757) 221-7652
- write us (see address below)
- Complete the Program Application Form (pdf).
- Complete the Virginia Domicile Form (pdf) if you live in Virginia.
- Complete the Financial Aid Form (pdf) if you desire.
- Have your teacher or counselor complete the Teacher Evaluation Form (pdf). It is preferable to have a recommendation from a History or English teacher who can evaluate your reading and writing skills.
- Send us the following together in ONE envelope to the address below:
- A completed Application Form, plus other applicable forms
- Your official High School Transcript including this current year's first semester grades in a sealed envelope, signed over the seal by your guidance counselor
- The Teacher Evaluation form filled in by your teacher or counselor
- An Essay of approximately 300 words explaining your interest in studying American history this summer
- A completed Virginia Domicile Form if applicable
- A completed Financial Aid Form with most recent federal tax return if applicable
- You may also send your PSAT, SAT, or ACT scores, but they are not required unless you are homeschooled
Deadlines and Admission:
Application Deadline for Summer 2014:
NOTE: We are extending our Application deadline to May 15, 2014.
We will begin to admit students on February 15 and expect to make all admission decisions by June 5. We therefore encourgage students to apply before the deadline date.
There is no application fee.
Important note: Admission to this summer program does not imply acceptance into the undergraduate program at the College of William and Mary.
For inquiries concerning our program, you may contact us at:
Pre-Collegiate Program in Early American History
National Institute of American History and DemocracyThe College of William and MaryP.O. Box 8795Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
Telephone: (757) 221-7652
NOTE: Mailings through UPS or FedEx that require a street address should use the following:Pre-Collegiate Program in Early American HistoryNational Institute of American History and DemocracyCollege of William and Mary205 Griffin AvenueWilliamsburg, VA 23185