The Application Process:
Space in the program is limited. We will begin admitting students as early as February 15; therefore, we strongly encourage students to apply as soon as possible. Only complete applications will be evaluated. A complete application consists of:
- A completed Application Form (pdf). NOTE: Information regarding the status of your application will be made via email. Be sure to include an active email address on your application form that you check regularly.
- An official high school transcript to include first semester grades for the current academic year. Official transcripts should be submitted in a sealed envelope provided by your guidance office or college counselor.
- A completed Teacher Evaluation Form (pdf). It is preferable to have a recommendation from a History or English teacher who can evaluate your reading and writing skills.
- An Essay of approximately 300 words explaining one of the following topics:
- A person in American History you would like to interview and why
- An event in American History you would like to witness and why
- A personal connection you have with an aspect or person related to American History
- Your interest in studying American History in this program
- A completed Application to Determine Physical Residency/In-State Tuition (pdf) if you are eligibile to recieve in-state tuition rate privelages.
- A completed Financial Aid Application (pdf) is required ONLY if you wish to apply for financial assistance.
- Copies of your PSAT, SAT, and/or ACT scores are required ONLY if you are homeschooled.)
- For International Students: A print-out of your TOEFL scores is required at the time of application.
There is no application fee.
[[precol, Email]] or call us at (757) 221-7652 to obtain printed versions of the forms listed above.
Application Deadline for Summer 2017: April 21, 2017. All application forms and supporting documents should arrive in our office by this date.
APPLICATION DEADLINE for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS is 20 March 2017. (See Who Should Apply for more information.)
Submit Applications to:Pre-Collegiate Program in Early American History National Institute of American History and Democracy The College of William and Mary P.O. Box 8795 Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
NOTE: Mailings through UPS or FedEx that require a street address should use the following:Pre-Collegiate Program in Early American History National Institute of American History and Democracy College of William and Mary 205 Griffin Avenue Williamsburg, VA 23185