Application Deadline for Summer 2016: April 22, 2016.
Applications should be received in our office by this date.
To obtain printed copies of the application forms listed below, you may:
- [[precol, Email]] us
- Call us at (757) 221-7652
- Write us (see address below)
- Complete the Program Application Form (pdf).
- Complete the Application to Determine Physical Residency/In-State Tuition (pdf) if you live in Virginia.
- Complete the Financial Aid Form (pdf) if you desire.
- Have your teacher or counselor complete the Teacher Evaluation Form (pdf). It is preferable to have a recommendation from a History or English teacher who can evaluate your reading and writing skills.
- Send us the following together in ONE envelope to the address below:
- A completed Application Form, plus other applicable forms
- Your official High SchoolTranscript including this current year's first semester grades in a sealed envelope, signed over the seal by your guidance counselor
- The Teacher Evaluation form filled in by your teacher or counselor
- An Essay of approximately 300 words explaining one of the following topics:
- A person in American History you would like to interview and why
- An event in American History you would like to witness and why
- A personal connection you have with an aspect or person related to American History
- Your interest in studying American History in this program
- A completed Application to Determine Physical Residency/In-State Tuition if applicable
- A completed Financial Aid Form with most recent federal tax return if applicable
- You may also send your PSAT, SAT, or ACT scores, but they are not required unless you are homeschooled
Deadlines and Admission:
Application Deadline for Summer 2016: April 22, 2016. All application forms and supporting documents should arrive in our office by this date.
APPLICATION DEADLINE for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: MARCH 20 of each year. International students must submit their TOEFL scores with the application. They will require F-1 visas to attend the program. (For more information on TOEFL scores and F-1 visas, see the Pre-Collegiate web page: Who Should Apply.)
We accept students through rolling admissions. We will begin to admit students in February and expect to make all admission decisions by June 5. We therefore strongly encourgage students to apply before the deadline date.
There is no application fee.
Important note: Admission to this summer program does not imply acceptance into the undergraduate program at the College of William and Mary.
For inquiries concerning our program, you may contact us at:Pre-Collegiate Program in Early American History National Institute of American History and Democracy The College of William and Mary P.O. Box 8795 Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
Telephone: (757) 221-7652
NOTE: Mailings through UPS or FedEx that require a street address should use the following:Pre-Collegiate Program in Early American History National Institute of American History and Democracy College of William and Mary 205 Griffin Avenue Williamsburg, VA 23185