International students click here for information about traveling abroad.
Getting to W&M Campus
Key areas of campus are easy to navigate to using GPS apps. Here are some helpful addresses to enter into your GPS:
- Pre-College Program Dorm (Randolph Complex): 500 Ukrop Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- NIAHD Office: 205 Griffin Ave., Williamsburg, VA 23185
- W&M Sadler Center: 200 Stadium Dr., Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Brinkley Commons Banquet Room, Miller Hall: 101 Ukrop Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185
Area Airports & Train Stations
Shuttles can provide transportation to W&M campus from any other following airports/train stations:
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (airport code: PHF)
- Richmond International Airport (airport code: RIC)
- Norfolk International Airport (airport code: ORF) - not serviced by NIAHD shuttles
- Williamsburg Transportation Center (train station code: WBG)
NIAHD Shuttle Service
NIAHD can provide shuttle service to/from select locations for students traveling alone for an additional fee. Review the information about shuttles for details before booking any flights/trains.
Other Shuttle Service Providers
Taxi Cab Companies
- Cardinal Cabs of Williamsburg: (757) 345-5557
- Colonial Capitol Cabs: (757) 345-2224
- Historic Taxi: (757) 258-7755
- Triangle Taxi: (757) 564-6969
- Williamsburg Taxi Service: (757) 221-0004
- Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (local bus service)
- Washington, DC: Flights are generally cheaper to DC, but public transportation from DC to Williamsburg is minimal. It can be expensive and complicated to travel from DC to Williamsburg, so you may want to consider flying into Richmond International Airport.
- Packing/Shipping Dorm Necessities: Students must provide all of their own blankets, towels, and sheets. Traveling with linens and clothes for three weeks can be difficult and expensive. An alternative to packing dorm items would be to ship items directly to NIAHD's office the week before your session start date. Items delivered to NIAHD's office will be taken directly to the dorm. Students will not have to transport them on their own. Email NIAHD if you would like more information about shipping items.