ACCESS HOURS FOR EWELL HALL (MUSIC SECTION):
- Entrance doors to Music section of Ewell (all days of the week):
o Open 7:00 am to 11:00pm; Locked 11:00pm-7:00am.
- Ewell 107, 207, 151, 154 [Classrooms, Recital Hall, Band/Orchestra Room], Weekdays (Mon-Fri):
o Open 7:00 am to 10:00pm; Locked from 10:00pm-7:00am.
- Ewell 107, 151, 154 [Classrooms, Recital Hall], Weekends (Sat-Sun): Locked.
- Ewell 207 [Band/Orchestra Room], Weekends (Sat-Sun):
o Open 7:00 am to 10:00pm to accommodate music students who need to rehearse; Locked from 10:00pm-
- All Music faculty and Music staff will have card swipe access to all rooms and to the main door of Ewell Hall at all times.
- All WM students will have card swipe access to the main door of Ewell Hall at all times.
- Access to non-Music faculty and staff during locked hours is only by card swipe through reservation.
POLICIES FOR ROOM USE:
1. Ewell Recital Hall is available by reservation only. Reservations may be made by students who are preparing recitals or for student activities that are Department-related (such as a cappella group performances). The Hall is not available for unscheduled use of any type, for casual practice, rehearsals, or for other campus activities.
2. The Recital Hall is available only for Departmental use during the week until 6:00pm.
3. There will be no access to the AV equipment in the Recital Hall for non-Departmental events.
4. The Chair of the Department has the right to deny the application for any event that is not deemed appropriate to the space and its accoutrements.
5. All users of classrooms, and in particular student groups, must leave classrooms ready for use on the following day-desks, chairs and pianos should be arranged appropriately and the room should not be littered with music, posters, belongings, trash, etc. Consistent problems with these arrangements will cause groups to lose their privileges for room access.
1. Department equipment will be allowed outside of the building only for Departmental activities supervised by a Music faculty member.
2. Students are permitted to take Basses, Cellos, and other large instruments stored in the Band room to the basement to practice, but the drum sets and other percussion equipment - in the Band room or elsewhere - may not be removed to any other location in Ewell Hall.
3. No instruments (pianos, etc.) may be moved into the basement percussion practice room.