The Chinese Language Partnership is a language exchange program dedicated to connecting Chinese language learners with Chinese international students at the College of William and Mary. This program is a joint effort of the Chinese Studies Program and the Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA), sponsored by the William & Mary Confucius Institute. By connecting Chinese language learners with native speakers on a one-on-one basis, we aim to help Chinese language learners to gain a richer language experience, and to help Chinese international students to get more involved in the community as well as to improve their English communication skills. We also hope that the Chinese Language Partnership program will serve as an important platform for building a global friendship.
Our goals are to:
- Increase cultural awareness among students who are interested in learning
Chineselanguage at W&M.
- Help Chinese language learners improve their skills, including listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Build strong connections between Chinese students and Chinese language learners, reaching a better understanding of each other’s country, language, and culture.
- Help Chinese international students get more involved in the community and improve their English communication skills.
- Build friendships between Chinese students and Chinese language learners while at W&M and beyond.