The department of Military Science offers two, three, and four year programs that will qualify students for commissioning as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Army. General requirements for a commission include:
- Completion of the Military Science and Leadership Basic Course.
- Four-Year Program - Complete MLSC 101/103, 102/103, 201/203, 202/203 during the freshman and sophomore years.
- Three-Year Program - Students who have less than four years to graduate and are accepted into the Military Science and Leadership program after their first term can complete the MLSC 100-level courses simultaneously with the MLSC 200-level courses as determined by the Professor of Military Science and Leadership.
- Two-Year Program - Either prior military service, attendance to the four-week ROTC Leader Training Course during the summer (between the sophomore and junior years), executive waivers, will provide placement credit for the ROTC Military Science and Leadership Basic Course.
- Completion of the Military Science and Leadership Advanced Course:
- Complete MLSC 301/303 and MLSC 302/303 during the junior year.
- Attend a 33 day ROTC Leadership Development and Assessment Course during the summer between the junior and senior years or following the senior year.
- Complete MLSC 401/403 and MLSC 402/403 during the senior year.
- Completion of HIST 318, US Military History. This course is taught by the College's Department of History.