William & Mary

Minoring in Mathematics

Typically, students fulfill the Minor requirement in Mathematics by taking four courses out of Math 111 or 131,  112 or 132, 211, 212 or 213, and Math 214 as well as two additional courses out of Math 302, 323, 345, 351, 352.  However, many other possibilities exist, and any set of courses that satisfy the requirements listed in Undergraduate Course Catalog is acceptable.

To declare a minor, first complete the Declaration of Academic Minor Application form, [pdf] which is available at the Registrar's Office. Then submit the completed form to the Mathematics Department Office for approval. After the form has been approved and signed by the Minor advisor, deliver the form to the University Registrar's Office.