Virginia State SCHEV Outstanding Faculty Awards
- Charles Johnson (2001)
- Chi-Kwong Li (2004)
- David Lutzer (2006)
William & Mary Thomas Jefferson Faculty Awards
- David Lutzer (1995)
- Vladimir Bolotnikov (2007)
William & Mary Thomas Ashley Graves, Jr. Award for Sustained Excellence in Teaching
- John Drew (2003)
William & Mary Plumeri Fellows
- Chi-Kwong Li (2009)
- Leiba Rodman (2009)
- Larry Leemis (2010)
- Charles Johnson, Class of 1961 Professor (1987 - present).
- Chi-Kwong Li, Ferguson Professor (2000 - present).
- David Lutzer, Chancellor Professor (2001 - present).
- Hugo Woerdeman, Hamilton Professor (2003-2005)
- Larry Leemis, University Professor of Teaching (2008 - present).
- Vladimir Bolotnikov, Distinguished Associate Professor (2007).
- Michael Lewis, Distinguished Associate Professor (2008).
- Junping Shi, Distinguished Associate Professor (2010).
Ralph E. Powe Junior faculty Enhancement Awards
- Junping Shi (2002)
Alpha Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa Faculty Awards
- Chi-Kwong Li, for advancement of teaching (2003)
- Junping Shi, for advancement of research (2008)
William & Mary Alumni Teaching Awards
- John Drew
- Rex K Kincaid (1990)
- Ilya Spitkovsky (1993)
- Hugo Woerdeman (1995)
- Vladimir Bolotnikov (2005)
Simon Teaching Prize
Dr. John Simon, W&M '64, and Olinda Simon, W&M '63, have established the Simon Prize for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics. The annual award will be made to an outstanding teacher of mathematics at the College.
The purpose of the Simon Prize is to reward an inspirational teacher who teaches students of all capabilities, slow learners as well as those with a facility for mathematics, to understand and enjoy mathematics at any level.
Students! You can nominate your favorite Mathematics professor (login required).
Receipients (Award Year)
- Dana Johnson (2002)
- Larry Leemis (2003)
- Vladimir Bolotnikov (2004)
- Sebastian Schreiber (2005)
- R. Michael Lewis (2006)
- Dana Johnson and Nicholas Loehr (2007)
- Chi-Kwong Li (2008)
- Nahum Zobin (2009)
- Ilya Spitkovsky (2010)
- Ryan Vinroot (2011)
- Marylou Zapf (2012)
SIAM Activity Group on Linear Algebra Prize
- Roy Mathias (2003,2005)