Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact if I have questions about the Minor in Marine Science?

Students should contact one of the co-directors, Liz Canuel or Heather Macdonald, with any questions.  

How do I enroll in a Marine Science Fundamentals course (MSCI 501) for undergraduate level credit?

Students enrolling in 500 level courses must have a 2.5 GPA overall and 3.0 GPA in previous Marine Science (MSCI) coursework.  Prior to registration, students must request permission to enroll in graduate courses for undergraduate credit from the Co-Directors of the Minor in Marine Science program [see request form], in order to have the course credited to their bachelor's degree. We will recommend that students take these courses after having completed MSCI 331 and anticipate that these courses will be taken primarily by juniors and seniors.

Is transportation available between the Williamsburg and VIMS campuses?