This concentration is appropriate for further study in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, and other disciplines in the health sciences. Please contact Ray McCoy, [[rwmcco]], for advising in these areas.
Students receiving a concentration in Health Sciences must pass the following required courses:
- KINE 295 Health Related Exercise Prescription (GER2B)
- KINE 303 Human Anatomy
- KINE 314 Dissection Human Anatomy Laboratory or KINE 315 Human Anatomy Laboratory
- KINE 304 Human Physiology (GER2B)
- KINE 305 Human Physiology Laboratory (Lab)
- KINE 308 Biomechanics of Human Movement
- KINE 322 Motor Learning
- KINE 394 Statistics and Evaluation (GER1) (or any introductory statistics course, but doesn't count toward the KNHS major)
- KINE 442 Exercise Physiology
- KINE 485 Cellular Basis of Neuromuscular Physiology
- KINE 498 Internship
- One writing course in the major
The remaining credits for the 34 total required must be taken from the list of courses.
Not all courses are available every semester. Please check the course schedule for the most updated listing of courses.
Candidates declaring for the B.S. degree during Fall 2014 or after, must complete three additional courses in computer science, mathematics, biology, chemistry, geology or physics. This is in addition to satisfying the GER 1 and 2.