William & Mary Advisor for
Area of Specialization
- Human Anatomy
- Ph.D., University of Southern California 1989
- M.S., University of California, Los Angeles 1982
- B.S., The Pennsylvania State University 1979
- Human Anatomy (KINE 303)
- Biomechanics of Human Movement (KINE 308)
- Independent Study in Kinesiology & Health Sciences (KINE 470)
- Kinesiology & Health Sciences Research (KINE 480)
- Bomberger, S.A., Parr, P.M., Higginbotham, A.M., Lassiter, S.M., Kohl, R.M. & McCoy, R.W. The Effects of Nintendo Wii Fit on Balance in Healthy Young and Elderly Adults. Presentation at the annual meeting of the Southeast Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine, Greenville, SC, February 2010.
- Deschenes M.R., McCoy R.W., Holdren A.N., Eason M.K. Gender influences neuromuscular adaptations to muscle unloading. European Journal of Applied Physiology 105(6):889-97, 2009.
- Deschenes M.R., McCoy R.W., Davis J.M., McGinn M.C., Eason M.K. The efficacy of prehabilitative conditioning: ameliorating unloading-induced declines in the muscle function of humans. Amercan Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 88(2):136-44, 2009.
- Deschenes, M.R., A.N. Holdren, and R.W. McCoy. Adaptations to Short-term Muscle Unloading in Young and Aged Men. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 40(5):856-63, 2008.
- Deschenes, M.R., J.A. Giles, R.W. McCoy, A.L. Gomez, J.S. Volek, and W.J. Kraemer. Neural factors account for strength decrements observed following short-term muscle unloading. American Journal of Physiology (Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology) 282: R578-R583, 2002.
- McCoy, R.W., R.M. Kohl, S.M. Elliott, & A.J. Joyce. (2002). The impact of auditory cues on gait control of individuals with Parkinson's disease. J. Human Movement Studies, 42: 229-236.
- Giles, J.A., R.W. McCoy, & M.R. Deschenes. (2001). Neural factors account for unweighting induced strength decrements, Annual meeting, Southeast Chapter, American College of Sports Medicine. Columbia, South Carolina, January.
- Deschenes, M.R., Brewer, R.E., Bush, J.A., R.W. McCoy, J.A. Volek, & W.J. Kramer. (2000). Neuromuscular disturbance outlasts other symptoms of exercise-induced muscle damage. J.Neurological Sciences, 174: 92-99.
- Deschenes, M.R., R.W. McCoy, W.J. Kramer, & J.S. Volek. (2000). Muscle recruitment patterns regulate physiological responses to exercise of the same intensity. The Physiologist, 43:329.
- McCoy, R.W., B.M. Turner, & M.R. Deschenes. (2000). The effect of pedaling rate on quadricep muscle activation and RPE while cycling at constant exercise intensity, Annual meeting, Southeast Chapter, American College of Sports Medicine. Charlotte, North Carolina, January.
- Weinlein, J.C., R.W. McCoy, B.M. Turner, P.T. Buffington, & M.R. Deschenes. (2000). Physiological responses to cycling depend upon pedaling cadence despite constant exercise intensity. Annual meeting, Southeast Chapter, American College of Sports Medicine. Charlotte, North Carolina, January.
- Elliott, S.M. R.W. McCoy, A.S. Joyce, & R. Kohl. (1999). Parkinson's disease gait kinematics: effects of cadence-setting through rhythmic auditory stimulation. National meeting, American Society of Biomechanics, Pittsburgh, PA, October.
- McCoy, R.W., C. Taylor, B. Dunn, & M. Moran. (1999). The effects of medications on Parkinson's disease gait mechanics, Annual meeting, Southeast Chapter, American College of Sports Medicine, Norfolk, VA, January.
- Deshenes, M.R., W.J. Kramer, R.E. Brewer, & R.W. McCoy. (1999). Delayed onset muscle soreness results in prolonged neuromuscular impairment, National meeting, American College of Sports Medicine, Seattle, WA, June.
- Judelson, D.A., R.E. Brewer, R.W. McCoy, & M.R. Deschenes. (1999). Delayed onset muscle soreness is associated with impaired maximal muscle tension, but not electrical activation. Annual meeting, Southeast Chapter, American College of Sports Medicine, Norfolk, VA, January.
- Associate Chair, 2003- present.
- Educational Policy Committee, College of William & Mary, 2009-2010.