Procedure requesting to print a poster
- Send an email to me requesting a poster(s) to be printed. Attach the poster so I can view the poster. Tell me what type of paper to print on so I can determine how much to bill.
- I will return an email with an estimate.
- Please return the email back to me approving the request at the quoted price with an account number to bill.
- This exchange and the JV form will be then sent to your department.
Without a color background, on plain paper( not High gloss photo) Price: $30.00
Color background, on plain paper( not High gloss photo) Price: $45.00
Without a color background, on High glossphoto paper Price: $45.00
Color background, on High gloss photo paper
As regards poster delivery:
- First try to email me the poster.
- If it is too large for email, copy the poster to P:\Faculty&StaffOnly\TimR\Posters
- If you don’t have access a flash drive is fine
I will call or email when the posters are done printing.
1. When making your poster, you must leave a 5/8 inch border around your poster because the plotter can not plot to the edge. Our widest roll of paper is 42 inches so your guides should leave only 40.75 inches of workspace ( 34.75 for a 36 inch roll)
2. Before making your poster in Powerpoint, go to page setup and make it the final size. I believe 56 inches is the max width or height. Please don’t ask me to scale posters for you.
3. If you are using pictures from a Mac, resave them in Photoshop or similar programs as IBM compatible or they will not print in Powerpoint.
4. If you have a number of equations and graphs in Illustrator or Corel Draw , save them as a jpg and bring that into Power Point.
5. Please ONLY send posters as ppt or pptx. I have an old Plotter and it is not a postscript so it is difficult to read pdf’s. Publisher is ok too.
We do not print black backgrounds.