Procedure requesting to print a poster
- Send an email to Tim Russell requesting a poster(s) to be printed. Attach the poster so he can view the poster. Tell him what type of paper to print on so he can determine how much to bill.
- He will return an email with an estimate.
- Please return the email back to him approving the request at the quoted price with a Departmental or Grant account number to bill. No individual accounts ( 930 numbers) are accepted.
- This exchange and the JV form will be then sent to your department.
Plain paper, no color background and less than 50% poster with color ink. Price: $30.00
Plain paper, color background or more than 50% poster with color ink. Price: $45.00
Glossy paper, no color background and less than 50% poster with color ink. Price: $45.00
Glossy paper, color background or more than 50% poster with color ink. Price: $70.00
As regards poster delivery:
- First try to email Tim the poster.
- If it is too large for email, copy the poster to P:\Faculty&StaffOnly\TimR\Posters
- If you don’t have access to the P drive, a flash drive is fine
Tim will call or email when the posters are done printing.
1. When making your poster, you must leave a 5/8 inch border around your poster because the plotter can not plot to the edge. Our widest roll of paper is 42 inches so your guides should leave only 40.75 inches of workspace ( 34.75 for a 36 inch roll)
2. Before making your poster in Powerpoint, go to page setup and make it the final size. 56 inches is the max width or height. Please don’t ask us to scale posters for you.
3. If you are using pictures from a Mac, resave them in Photoshop or similar programs as IBM compatible or they will not print in Powerpoint.
4. If you have a number of equations and graphs in Illustrator , save them as a jpg and bring that into Power Point.
5. Please ONLY send posters as ppt or pptx. We have an old Plotter and it is not a postscript so it is difficult to read pdf’s. Publisher is ok too.
We do not print black backgrounds.