Duties of the room proctor prior to the session:
1) Pick up your folder from the registration table at least 15 minutes before the start of your session, so that you can be present in your session room at least 10 minutes before the start of the session.
2) Introduce yourself to the session chair as the room proctor. If the session chair has not arrived within 5 minutes of the start of the session, please let the registration table know.
3) Make sure the room is clean and the chairs are straightened.
4) Verify that the PC laptop, LCD projector, and microphone are in working order.
5) Presentations should already be loaded onto the PC laptop. However, if presenters have made last minute changes, please have them upload the new version onto the laptop before the session begins.
6) Presenters will have the following time limits.
Natural & Computational Scientific Presentations: 12 minutes with 3 minutes for questions
Humanities & Social Sciences Presentations: 15 minutes with 5 minutes for questions
7) Each room will have a stop watch to help you and the Session Chair manage the length of each presentation. You will also be provided with red flash cards that say "2 minutes", "30 seconds" and "stop" to help cue the presenters as to their remaining time.
Duties of the room proctor during the session:
1) Fill out the attendance form and return it to the registration table at the end of the session.
2) Answer general questions about the symposium.
3) Make sure session doors remain closed and outside noise is not disrupting the session.
In case of an Emergency:
1) Know where the exits are in the room and direct people to them in case of an emergency.
2) Audio-visual personnel will be at the registration table to assist you with equipment issues should you have any.
Thank you very much for your support and generosity of time. It is because of you that we are able to provide everyone with a truly professional conference experience.