The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official campaign arm of the Democrats in the House of Representatives. The DCCC is the only political committee in the country whose principal mission is to support Democratic House candidates every step of the way. Currently, the DCCC is recruiting for its Fellowship program as described below. Applications are due April 1, 2010.
DCCC Fellows Program:
Are you looking for an opportunity to break into politics? Want to have a leadership role on a top tier Congressional campaign? Would you like to work for a current or future Member of Congress? Want to receive top-level campaign training? The DCCC’s Fellows program will be training and placing Fellows in top tier Congressional races around the country. This is a great opportunity to help Democrats keep the majority in 2010 and learn the in and out’s of a Congressional campaign.
Who are we looking for?
• Smart, energetic, fun people committed to protecting the Democratic majority in 2010.
• People who are leaders in their communities.
• Persons interested in increasing or starting their involvement with politics.
• Someone who is willing to share his or her experiences out on the campaign trail.
What do you get?
• Top-Level campaign training from the DCCC. Learn what it takes to win a competitive Congressional race.
• A leadership role on a Congressional campaign.
• Access to the DCCC’s Conference Call Series. This weekly series will have guest speakers who are experienced campaign workers where you can share your experiences and what your hearing out in the field.
• Access to the DCCC’s DC Networking Session Post-Election. This will be an opportunity to meet other Fellows from around the country and network with other political types.
Fellowships are unpaid and persons must attend a DCCC campaign training in their region of the country before they will be assigned to a race. Housing will be provided if necessary by the campaign. Trainings will be held at the end of May for the summer and full sessions and at the end of August for the fall GOTV session.
The Fellows Program will be offered on three different schedules:
Summer Session: June-End of August
Full Session: June-Election Day
Fall GOTV Session: End of August-Election Day
To apply for this program please fill out the online application and submit a one page resume and cover letter to www.dccc.org/fellows no later than April 1st 2010. If you have additional questions please feel free to contact Makese Motley at (202) 863-1500 or at DCCCFellows@DCCC.org
Equal Opportunity Policy-The DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee. The DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.