Our working papers are indexed in Research Papers in Economics.
168. Admasu Shiferaw "Constraints to Private Investment in a High-Growth Environment:
Firm-level Evidence from Ethiopia" October 2015. Revised January 2016
167. Admasu Shiferaw, Degol Hailu "Job Creation and Trade in Manufactures: Industry Level Analysis Across Countries", August 2015
166. Keith Klovers, Alfredo Marvão Pereira "Estimating the Effect of Transit on Residential Property Values: The Case of the Portland MAX System", August 2015
165. José M. Belbute, Alfredo Marvão Pereira "Do Global CO2 Emissions from Fuel Consumption Exhibit Long Memory? A Fractional Integration Analysis", August 2015
164. José M. Belbute, Alfredo Marvão Pereira "An Alternative Reference Scenario for Global CO2Emissions from Fuel Consumption: An ARFIMA Approach", forthcoming in Economics Letters.
163. José M. Belbute, Alfredo Marvão Pereira "Does Final Energy Demand in Portugal Exhibit Long Memory? A Fractional Integration Analysis", July 2015
162. Mara Madaleno, Alfredo Marvão Pereira "Clean energy firms’ stock prices,technology, oil prices, and carbon prices", June 2015
161. Alfredo Marvão Pereira,Rui M. Pereira, Pedro G. Rodrigues "A New Carbon Tax in Portugal: A Missed Opportunity to Achieve the Triple Dividend?", June 2015, revised November 2015
160. Carlisle E. Moody "Large Capacity Magazines and Homicide" February 2015
159. Lance Kent, "Model Misspecification and Relaxing Rational Expectations" March 2015
158. Carlisle E. Moody "Firearms and the Decline of Violence in Europe: 1200-2010" January 2015
157. Alfredo Marvão Pereira, Rui Manuel Pereira "Identifying Priorities in Infrastructure Investmentin Portugal" January 2015.
156. Alfredo Marvão Pereira, Rui Manuel Pereira "Is All Infrastructure Investment Created Equal? The Case of Portugal" January 2015.
155. Alfredo Marvão Pereira, Rui Manuel Pereira"Achieving the Triple Dividend in Portugal:A Dynamic General-Equilibrium Evaluation of a Carbon Tax Indexed to Emissions Trading" December 2014, revised May 2015
154. Alfredo Marvão Pereira, Rui Manuel Pereira"Reducing Carbon Emissions in Portugal:The Relative Roles of Fossil-Fuel Prices, Energy Efficiency,and Carbon Taxationl" December 2014, revised May 2015
153. Rui Manuel Pereira, William J. Hausman, Alfredo Marvão Pereira"Railroads and Economic Growth in the Antebellum United States" December 2014.
152. Abegaz, Berhanu,"Sir W. Arthur Lewis" June 2014.
151. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Jorge M. Andraz "ON THE LONG-TERM MACROECONOMIC EFFECTS OF SOCIAL SPENDING IN THE UNITED STATES" April 2014, forthcoming in Applied Economics Letters.
150. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Jorge M. Andraz "ON THE LONG-TERM MACROECONOMIC EFFECTS OF SOCIAL SECURITY SPENDING:EVIDENCE FOR 12 EU COUNTRIES" April 2014.
149. Lance Kent, "Bilateral Linkages and the International Transmission of Business Cycles " March 2013, revised March 2015
148. Patrícia Fortes, Alfredo Marvão Pereira, Rui M. Pereira, and Júlia Seixas "Integrated technological-economic modeling platform for energy and climate policy analysis," January 2014, forthingcoming at Energy - The International Journal
147. Robert B. Archibald,David H. Feldman, and Peter McHenry, "A Quality-Preserving Increase in Four-Year College Attendance: Evidence from NLS-72 and ELS:2002" January 2014, revised May 2015. Forthcoming at Journal of Human Capital
146. Lance Kent, "Rare Institutional Disruptions and Uphill Capital Flows" November 2013
145. Lance Kent and Toan Phan, "Business Cycles with Revolutions" October 2013.
144. Sarah L. Stafford, "Will Additional Federal Enforcement Improve the Performance of Pipelines in the U.S.?" August 2013, forthcoming at International Review of Law and Economics.
143. Sarah L. Stafford, "How Predictable are Environmental Compliance Inspections?" August 2013.
141. Dominik Noe, Admasu Shiferaw,"Low‐intensity Conflict and Firm Level Investment in Ethiopia" July 2013, revised December 2013.
140. Rui M. Pereira, "Okun's Law, Asymmetries and Regional Spillovers: Evidence from Virginia Metropolitan Statistical Areas and the District of Columbia" June 2013, revised March 2014. Forthcoming in Annals of Regional Science.
139. Rui M. Pereira, "Okun's Law across the Business Cycle and during the Great Recession:A Markov Switching Analysis" June 2013
138.Harriet Orcutt Dulee, Mark Regets, "The Elusive Concept of Immigrant Quality: Evidence from 1970-1990" March 2013
137.Harriet Orcutt Duleep, "The Labor/Land Ratio and India’s Caste System" March 2013
136. Harriet Orcutt Duleep, Mark Regets, "The Civil Rights Act and the Earnings of Lower Income Hispanic Men in the 1960’s" March 2013
135. Harriet Orcutt Duleep, Seth Sanders, "The Economic Status of Asian Americans Before and After the Civil Rights Act" March 2013
134. Harriet Orcutt Duleep, David Jaeger, Mark Regets, "How Immigration May Affect U.S. Native Entrepreneurship: Theoretical Building Blocks and Preliminary Results"March 2013
133. Harriet Orcutt Duleep,"One Way the Demand for Labor May Adapt to the Availability of Labor" March 2013
131. Harriet Orcutt Duleep, "Country of Origin and Immigrant Earnings: Evidence from 1960-1990" March 2013
130. Harriet Orcutt Duleep, "U.S. Immigration Policy at a Crossroads" March 2013
129. Admasu Shiferaw, Måns Söderbom, Eyersusalem Siba, Getnet Alemu, "Road Infrastructure and Enterprise Dynamics in Ethiopia" March 2013.
128. Nicholas J. Sanders, "Toxic Assets: How the Housing Market Responds to Environmental Information Shocks" December 2012
127. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Rui M. Pereira, "DGEP - A Dynamic General Equilibrium Model of the Portuguese Economy: Model Documentation" November 2012
126. Jennifer L. Doleac and Nicholas J. Sanders, "Under the Cover of Darkness: Using Daylight Saving Time to Measure How Ambient Light Influences Criminal Behavior" November 2012
125. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Rui M. Pereira "GAMS Implementation and Excel Interface for Soft Link of a CGE Model for Portugal to TIMES_PT Models" October 2012
124. Mary Evans, Lirong Liu, Sarah L. Stafford "Firm Decision-making Structure and Compliance with Environmental Regulations: Evidence from Environmental Auditing" July 2012
123. Sarah L. Stafford "What Affects the Environmental Performance of Pipelines in the US? An Empirical Analysis " June 2012
121. John Parman "Childhood Health and Sibling Outcomes: The Shared Burden of the 1918 Infuenza Pandemic" April 2012.
120. Peter McHenry and Melissa P. McInerney "Are Wage Premiums for Black Women Illusory? A Critical Examination" February 2012.
119. Peter McHenry "Does Low Wealth Constrain Long-Distance Migration? Evidence from the NLSY79 Cohort" March 2012.
118. Peter McHenry "The Relationship between Location Choice and Earnings Inequality" December 2011.
117. Sarah Stafford "A Facility-level Analysis of the Long-term Consequences of Environmental Auditing among Hazardous Waste Generators" Journal of Regulatory Economics, Vol. 40(3), pp. 279-302 (2011).
116. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Rui M. Pereira "On the Economic and Budgetary Impact of Fiscal Devaluation in Portugal" July 2011, revised Sep 2014. Forthcoming chapter in “Fiscal Policies: International Aspects, Short and Long-Term Challenges and Macroeconomic Effects." Edited by Charles Amo-Yartey, Nova Publishers, 2015
115. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Rui M. Pereira "Fossil Fuel Prices and the Economic and Budgetary Challenges of a Small Energy-Importing Economy: The Case of Portugal" April 2011, revised May 2013, forthcoming in Portuguese Economic Journal.
114. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Rui M. Pereira "Environmental Fiscal Reform and Fiscal Consolidation: The Quest for the Third Dividend in Portugal" April 2011, revised December 2012, forthcoming in Public Finance Review.
113. Berhanu Abegaz, "Political Parties in Business" April 2011, Journal of Development Studies, 49(11), 2013
112. Peter McHenry, "The Relationship between Location Choice and Earnings Inequality" Feburary 2011.
111. Sarah L. Stafford "Private Policing of Environmental Performance: Does it Further Public Goals?" Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review, Vol. 39(1), pp.73-97 (2012)
110. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Rui M. Pereira "On the environmental, economic and budgetary impacts of fossil fuel prices: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis of the Portuguese case" January 2011, forthcoming in Energy Economics.
109. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and José Manuel Belbute "Final energy demand in Portugal: How persistent it is and why it matters for environmental policy" December 2010,revised March 2013, forthcoming in International Economic Journal.
108. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Jorge M. Andraz "On the economic effects of public infrastructure investment: A survey of the international evidence" December 2010, revised July 2013, forthcoming in Journal of Economic Development.
107. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Jorge M. Andraz "On the effects of highway investment on the regional concentration of economic activity in the USA" December 2010, Portuguese Economic Journal, Vol. 11(3), pp. 165-170, 2012.
106. Olivier Coibion and Yuriy Gorodnichenko "Why are target interest rate changes so persistent" January 2011
105. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Rui M. Pereira "What is it going to take to achieve 2020 Emission Targets? Marginal abatement cost curves and the budgetary impact of CO2 taxation in Portugal" January 2011, revised May 2013, revised January 2014
104. Hilary Sigman and Sarah Stafford, "Management of Hazardous Waste and Contaminated Land" October 2010. Published in the Annual Review of Resource Economics, vol 3, 2011
103. Sarah L. Stafford, "Outsourcing Enforcement: Principles to Guide Self- Policing Regimes" December 2010, forthcoming in the Cardozo Law Review.
102. Olivier Coibion and Yuriy Gorodnichenko, "Information Rigidity and the Expectations Formation Process: A Simple Framework and New Facts" Novermeber 2010.
101. Judith K. Hellerstein, Melissa McInerney, and David Neumark, "Neighbors and Co-Workers: the Importance of Residental Labor market Networks" March 2010.
100. Judith K. Hellerstein, Melissa McInerney, and David Neumark, "Spatial Mismatch, Immigration Networks, and Hispanic Employment in the United States" July 2010. Forthcoming at Annals of Economics and Statistics.
99. Robert B. Archibald and David H. Feldman, "Are Gold Plated Room & Board Charges Important Drivers of College Cost?" August 2010, forthcoming at Change.
98. William J. Hausman, John L. Neufeld, and Till Schreiber, "Donor Policies, Industry Structure, and the Global Allocation of Electrification Aid, 1970-2001" July 2010.
97. Amy K. Filipek and Till Schreiber, "The Stability and Growth Pact: Past Performance and Future Reforms" September 2010.
96. Alfredo Marvão Pereira and Jorge M. Andraz, "On the Economic Effects of Investment in Railroad Infrastructures in Portugal" July 2010, revised at Feb 2012, forthcoming in Journal of Economic Development.
95. Shoshana Amyra Grossbard and Alfredo Marvão Pereira, "Savings and Economies of Marriage: Intra-Marriage Financial Distributions as Determinants of Savings" July 2010. Revised July 2013
94. Olivier Coibion and Yuriy Gorodnichenko, "Monetary Policy, Trend Inflation and the Great Moderation: An Alternative Interpretation" September 2009. Forthcoming in American Economic Review
93. Olivier Coibion and Yuriy Gorodnichenko, "Strategic Interaction among Heterogeneous Price-Setters in an Estimated DSGE Model" Feburary 2010. Forthcoming in Review of Economics and Statistics
92. Peter McHenry, "The Geographic Distribution of Human Capital: Measurement of Contributing Mechanisms" May 2010.
91. Olivier Coibion, Yuriy Gorodnichenko and Johannes Wieland "The Optimal Inflation Rate in New Keynesian Models" June 2010.
90. Olivier Coibion, "Are the Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks Big or Small? " April 2010, revised April 2011. Forthcoming in American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics.
89. Olivier Coibion and Menzie D. Chinn, "The Predictive Content of Commodity Futures" March 2010.
88. Melissa P. McInerney, "Privatizing Public Services and Strategic Behavior: The Impact of Incentives to Reduce Workers' Compensation Claim Duration" August 2009, revised May 2010. Published inJournal of Public Economics, 94(1-10), 2010, pp. 777-789.
87. Alfredo M. Pereira and Rui Manuel Marvão Pereira, "Is Fuel-Switching a No-Regrets Environmental Policy? VAR Evidence on Carbon Dioxide Emissions, Energy Consumption and Economic Performance in Portugal" August 2009. Published in Energy Economics, 32, 2010, (pp. 227-242).
86. Jennifer M. Mellor and Beth A. Freeborn, "Religious Participation and Risky Health Behaviors among Adolescents" July 2009. Forthcoming in Health Economics.
85. Beth A. Freeborn and Jason P. Hulbert, "Persuasive and Informative Advertising: A Classroom Experiment" June 2009. Forthcoming in Journal of Economic Education.
84. Lisa R. Anderson, Beth A. Freeborn and Jason P. Hulbert, "Risk Aversion and Tacit Collusion in a Bertrand Duopoly Experiment" June 2009,Forthcoming in Review of Industrial Organization.
83. Justin B. May and Andrew Bacher-Hicks, "International Water Contracts and Household Outcomes: Evidence from Albania" March 2009.
82. Lisa R. Anderson and Sarah L. Stafford, "An Experimental Study of the Effect of Announcements on Public Goods Contributions" February 2009.
81. Alfredo M. Pereira and Jorge M. Andraz, "Social Security and Economic Performance in Portugal: After All That Has Been Said and Done How Much Has Actually Changed?" January 2009, revised July 2010, revised October 2011, forthcoming in Portuguese Economic Journal .
80. Robert H. Hicks, Alan C. Haynie and Kurt E. Schnier, "Common Property, Information, and Cooperation: Commercial Fishing in the Bering Sea" November 2008. Forthcoming in Ecological Economics.
79. Alfredo M. Pereira and Rui Manuel Marvão Pereira, "On the Potential Economic Costs of Cutting Carbon Dioxide Emissions in Portugal" October 2008, revised August 2009, revised July 2010. Published in Portuguese Economic Journal, 9(3), 2010, pp.211-222.
78. Mary Evans, Lirong Liu, Sarah L. Stafford "Do Environmental Audits Improve Long-term Compliance? Evidence from Manufacturing Facilities in Michigan," previously circulated under the title "Causes and Consequences of Environmental Auditing: Evidence from Regulated Facilities in Michigan" September 2008, Revised May 2010, Revised August 2011, forthcoming in Journal of Regulatory Economics.
77. Sarah L. Stafford,"How Green is Your Campus? An Analysis of the Factors that Drive Universities to Embrace Sustainability" September 2008, revised May 2010. Forthcoming in Contemporary Economics Policy.
76. Robert B. Archibald and David H. Feldman,"How to Think About Changes in Higher Education Affordability" August 2008.
75. Lisa R. Anderson and Beth A. Freeborn,"Varying the Intensity of Competition in a Multiple Prize Rent Seeking Experiment" August 2008. Forthcoming in Public Choice.
74. Lisa R. Anderson, and Jennifer M. Mellor ,"Are Risk Preferences Stable? Comparing an Experimental Measure with a Validated Survey-Based Measure" August 2008. Forthcoming in The Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
73. Lisa R. Anderson, Beth A. Freeborn, and Charles A. Holt, "Tacit Collusion in Price-Setting Duopoly Markets: Experimental Evidence" July 2008. Published in Southern Economic Journal (Jan 2010) 76(3): 577-591.
72. Jaeger, David A, Esteban F. Klor, Sami H. Miaari, and M. Daniele Paserman,"The Struggle for Palestinian Hearts and Minds: Violence and Public Opinion in the Second Intifada" April 2008.
71. Moody, Carlisle E. and Thomas B. Marvell,"The Debate on Right-to-Carry Concealed Weapons Laws" February 2008. Published as "The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws" in Econ Journal Watch, 5(3): 269-293 (September 2008).
70. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Jorge M. Andraz,"On the Regional Incidence of Public Investment in Highways in the USA" January 2008. Revised July 2010. Forthcoming in Annals of Regional Science.
69. Jaeger, David A., Randall Kekoa Quinones Akee, and Konstantinos Tatsiramos, "The Persistence of Self-Empoyment Across Borders: New Evidence on Legal Immigrants to the United States" December 2007.
68. Hanson, Matthew A, "The Economics of Roadside Bombs," December 2007.
67. Abegaz, Berhanu, "The Speed of Structural Convergence in the Manufacturing Industries of Newly Industrializing Economies ," December 2007. Forthcoming in South Africa Journal of Economics.
66. Freeborn, Beth A. and Brian McManus, "Substance Abuse Treatment and Motor Vehicle Fatalities," December 2007. Forthcoming in Southern Economic Journal.
65. May, Justin, "International Financial Volatility and Commodity Exports: Evidence from the Thai Agricultural Sector," October 2007. Forthcoming in American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
64. May, Justin, "Trade and Migration in an Enlarged European Union:A Spatial Analysis," October 2007. Forthcoming in Global Economy Journal.
63. Romero, Alfredo, "Revisiting the Price Elasticity of Gasoline Demand," October 2007.
62. Romero, Alfredo, "A Note on the Use of R-squared in Model Selection," October 2007.
61. Coibion, Olivier, "Testing the Sticky Information Phillips Curve," October 2007. Forcoming in The Review of Economics and Statistics.
60. Merrill, Lauren N., "A Characterization of Strategy-Proof Rules over the Condorcet Domain with an Even Number of Individuals," October 2007.
59. Anderson, Lisa R. and Jennifer M. Mellor, "Predicting Health Behaviors with an Experimental Measure of Risk Preference," September 2007, revised April 2008. Published in Journal of Health Economics, 27(5) (Sept 2008), 1260-1274.
58. Coibion, Olivier and Daniel Goldstein, "One for Some or One for All? Taylor Rules and Interregional Heterogeneity," September 2007, revised August 2010, revised January 2011, revised September 2011. Forthcoming in Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking.
57. Schmidt, Martin B., "Voting with the Crowd: Do Single Issues Drive Partisanship?," September 2007.
56. Hanson, Matthew A. and Martin B. Schmidt, "The Impact of Coalition Offensive Operations on the Iraqi Insurgency," September 2007. Forthcoming in Applied Economics.
55. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Martin B. Schmidt, "Structural Breaks in Infrastructure Investment in the U.S.," August 2007, revised Janaury 2009, revised July 2009.
54. Jaeger, David A. and M. Daniele Paserman, "The Shape of Things to Come? Assessing the Effectiveness of Suicide Attacks and Targeted Killings," July 2007. Forthcoming in Quarterly Journal of Political Science.
53. Archibald, Robert B. and David H. Feldman, "Avoiding Tunnel Vision in the Study of Higher Education Costs," June 2007. Published in Change, 40: 25-31 (May/June 2008).
52. Cohen, Andrew, Beth A. Freeborn, and Brian McManus, "Competition and Crowding-Out among Public, Non-Profit and For-Profit Organizations: Evidence from Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment," May 2007,Forthcoming in International Economic Review.
51. Campbell, Donald E. and Jerry S. Kelly, "Organ Transplants, Hiring Committees, and Early Rounds of the Kappell Piano Competition ," April 2007.
50. Jaeger, David A., Holger Bonin, Thomas Dohmen, Armin Falk, David Huffman, and Uwe Sunde, "Direct Evidence on Risk Attitudes and Migration," March 2007. Forthcoming in The Review of Economics and Statistics.
49. Campbell, Donald E. and Jerry S. Kelly, "Uniformly Bounded Information and Social Choice," January 2007. Forthcoming in the Journal of Mathematical Economics.
48. Eicher, Theo and Till Schreiber, "Structural Policies and Growth: Time Series Evidence from a Natural Experiment," November 2006. Forthcoming in Journal of Development Economics.
47. Schmidt, Martin B., "Institutional Change and Factor Movement: A Test of the Coase Theorem's Invariance Principle," November 2006.
46. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Oriol Roca Sagalés, "Public Infrastructures and Regional Asymmetries in Spain," October 2006, revised March 2007. Published in Revue D’Economie Regionale et Urbaine 2007 -3, 2007, (pp.503- 520).
45. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Jorge M. Andraz, "Public Investment in Transportation Infrastructures and Industry Performance in Portugal," October 2006, revised April 2007. Published in Journal of Economic Development 32 (1), 2007, (pp. 1-20).
44. Anderson, Lisa R., Beth Freeborn, Jessica Holmes, Mark Jeffreys, Dan Lass, and Jack Soper, "Location, Location, Location! A Classroom Demonstration of the Hotelling Model," September 2006, revised July 2008. Forthcoming in Perspectives on Economics Education Research.
43. Campbell, Donald E. and Jerry S. Kelly, "Social Welfare Functions that Satisfy Pareto, Anonymity, and Neutrality: Countable Many Alternatives ," September 2006. Forthcoming in The Mathematics of Preference, Choice, and Order: Essays in Honor of Peter C. Fishburn.
42. Archibald, Robert B. and David H. Feldman, "Explaining Increases in Higher Education Costs," September 2006. Published in Journal of Higher Education, 79: 268-295 (May/June 2008).
41. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Maria de Fátima Pinho, "Public Investment and Budgetary Consolidation in Portugal," August 2006, revised July 2008. Published in Portuguese Economic Journal 7, No 3, Dec 2008 (pp. 183-203).
40. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Maria de Fátima Pinho, "Public Investment, Economic Performance and Budgetary Consolidation: VAR Evidence for the 12 Euro Countries," August 2006, Journal of Economic Development, 36(1), pp.1-20, 2011.
39. Campbell, Donald E. and Jerry S. Kelly, "Pareto, Anonymity, and Independence: Four Alternatives," August 2006. Published in Social Choice and Welfare, 29: 83-103 (2007).
38. Campbell, Donald E. and Jerry S. Kelly, "Social Welfare Functions that Satisfy Pareto, Anonymity, and Neutrality, but not IIA," August 2006. Published in Social Choice and Welfare, 29: 69-82 (2007).
37. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Jorge M. Andraz, "Should the Portuguese Toll-Free Highways Remain Toll Free?," August 2006, revised July 2010. Annals of Regional Science, 48 (1): 321 - 338
36. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Rui Manuel Pereira, "Controlling the Public Wage Bill in Portugal: The Case of University Professors," July 2006, revised August 2006. Published in Applied Economics Letters, 13: 997-1000 (2008).
35. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Oriol Roca Sagalés, "On the Effect of Fiscal Policies in Portugal," July 2006, revised August 2007, February 2009, current version July 2009. Forthcoming Journal of Economic Studies, 38 (1): 114 - 127.
34. Ahlburg, Dennis A., Eric R. Jensen, and Ruyan Liao, "When I'm 104: The Determinants of Healthy Longevity Among the Oldest-Old in China," July 2006.
33. Pereira, Alfredo M. and Jorge M. Andraz "On the Economic and Fiscal Effects of Investment in Road Infrastructure in Portugal," July 2006, revised July 2010. Forthcoming in International Economic Journal.
32. Jensen, Eric R., Sarah M. Gale, and Paul E. Charpentier, "On Migrant Selectivity," July 2006.
31. Davig, Troy and Jeffrey R. Gerlach, "Monetary Policy, the Bond Market, and Changes in FOMC Communication Policy," July 2006.
30. Freeborn, Beth A., "Arrest Avoidance: Law Enforcement and Price of Cocaine," June 2006. Published in Journal of Law and Economics, 52(1): 19-40.
29. Jaeger, David A., "Green Cards and the Location Choices of Immigrants in the United States, 1971-2000," May 2006. Published in Research in Labor Economics, 27: 131-183 (2007).
28. LaLumia, Sara, "The Effects of Joint Taxation of Married Couples on Labor Supply and Non-wage Income," March 2006.
27. Stafford, Sarah L., "Should You Turn Yourself In? The Consequences of Environmental Self-Policing," February 2006, revised June 2006. Published in Journal of Public Policy Analysis and Management, 26(2): 305-326 (March 2007).
26. Stafford, Sarah L., "Self-Policing in a Targeted Enforcement Regime," February 2006. Published in Southern Economic Journal, (April 2008).
25. Hicks, Robert L. and Kurt Schnier, "A Spatial Model of Dolphin Avoidance in the Eastern Tropical Pacific Ocean," January 2006. Published as "A Spatial Model of Dolpin Avoidance in the Eastern Tropical Pacific Ocean: A dynamic model of tuna fishing in the Eastern Tropical Pacific" in Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 56(2): 103-115.
24. Archibald, Robert B. and David H. Feldman, "Graduation Rates and Accountability: Regressions versus Production Frontiers," January 2006. Published in Research in Higher Education, 49: 80-106 (February 2008).
23. Jaeger, David A. and M. Daniele Paserman, "Israel, the Palestinian Factions, and the Cycle of Violence," December 2005. Published in American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, 96(2):45-49 (May 2006).
22. Jaeger, David A. and M. Daniele Paserman, "The Cycle of Violence? An Empirical Analysis of Fatalities in the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict," October 2005. Published in American Economic Review, 98(3), September 2008.
21. Furstenberg, Eric, "Does Banning Affirmative Action Affect Racial SAT Score Gaps? An Empirical Analysis," August 2005, revised September 2005.
20. Anderson, Lisa R. and Jennifer M. Mellor, "Did the Devil Make Them Do It? The Effect of Religion in Public Goods and Trust Games ," August 2005, revised September 2007. Forthcoming in Kyklos.
19. Stafford, Sarah L., "Can Consumers Enforce Environmental Regulations? The Role of the Market in Hazardous Waste Compliance," June 2005. Published in Journal of Regulatory Economics, 31: 83-107 (February 2007).
18. Hicks, Robert L. and Kurt Schnier, "Dynamic Discrete Choice Modeling: Monte Carlo Analysis," June 2005. Published in The American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 88(4):816-835.
17. Anderson, Lisa R., and Sarah L. Stafford, "Does Crime Pay? A Classroom Demonstration of Monitoring and Enforcement," May 2005. Published in Southern Economic Journal, 72(4):1016-1025 (April 2006).
16. Anderson, Lisa R., Emily Blanchard, Kelly Chaston, Charles Holt, Laura Razzolini, and Robert Singleton, "Production and Gains from Trade," May 2005. Published in Perspectives on Economic Education Research, Spring 2008.
15. Anderson, Lisa R., Jeffrey R. Gerlach, and Francis J. DiTraglia, "Yes, Wall Street, There Is a January Effect! Evidence from Laboratory Auctions," March 2005. Published in Journal of Behavioral Finance, 2007.
14. Anderson, Lisa R., Jennifer M. Mellor, and Jeffrey Milyo, "An Experimental Study of the Effects of Inequality and Relative Deprivation on Trusting Behavior," January 2005. Published as "Induced Heterogeneity in Trust Experiments," Experimental Economics, 9(3):223-236 (September 2006).
13. Abegaz, Berhanu, "The Diversified Business Group as an Innovative Organizational Model for Large State-Enterprise Reform in China and Vietnam," January 2005. Published in the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management 5(5/6): 379-400 (2005).
12. Anderson, Lisa R., Jennifer M. Mellor, and Jeffrey Milyo, "Inequality and Public Good Provision: An Experimental Analysis," December 2004. Published in the Journal of Socio-Economics, 2008.
11. Mellor, Jennifer M., "Illustrating Adverse Selection in Health Insurance Markets with a Classroom Game," December 2004, revised March 2005. Published in Southern Economic Journal 72(2): 502-515 (October 2005).
10. Archibald, Robert B. and David H. Feldman, "State Higher Education Spending and the Tax Revolt," November 2004. Published in Journal of Higher Education 77(4): 618-644 (July/August 2006).
9. Baker, Samuel H., "Why Executive Power Centralizes Government," November 2004, revised May 2005. Published in Public Finance Review 33(6): 747-766 (November 2005).
8. Baker, Samuel H. and David H. Feldman, "Revealed Preference for Car Tax Cuts: An Empirical Study of Perceived Fiscal Incidence," November 2004. Forthcoming, Applied Economics.
7. Anderson, Lisa R., Jennifer M. Mellor, and Jeffrey Milyo, "Do Liberals Play Nice? The Effects of Party and Political Ideology in Public Goods and Trust Games," November 2004. Published in Advances in Applied Microeconomics, Vol. 13: Experimental and Behavioral Economics, John Morgan, ed., Amsterdam: Elsevier, Ltd. (2005), 107-132.
6. Abegaz, Berhanu, "Poverty Trap in a Tributary Mode of Production: The Peasant Economy of Ethiopia," October 2004. Published in the Journal of Agrarian Change 5(3): 299-333 (July 2005).
5. Mellor, Jennifer M. and Jeffrey Milyo, "State Social Capital and Individual Health Status," September 2004. Published in Journal of Health Politics, Policy, and Law, 30(6): 1101-1130 (December 2005).
4. Basu, Arnab K. and Nancy H. Chau, "A Risk-Based Rationale for Two-Way Capital Flows: Why do Capital Flights and Inward Foreign Direct Investments Co-exist?" September 2004. Forthcoming in International Review of Economics and Finance.
3. Furstenberg, Eric, "Affirmative Action, Incentives and the Black-White Test Score Gap," September 2004.
2. Hicks, Robert L., "A Test of Benefits Transfer of Random Utility Models of Recreation Demand," July 2004.
1. Hicks, Robert L., "Recreational Fishing and the Benefits of Oyster Reef Restoration in the Chesapeake Bay," May 2004.
EconPapers also provides access to the archive.Published in Energy Economics 32, 2010, (pp. 227-242)January