Third Annual T-Shirt Design Contest
The Department of Computer Science at the College of William & Mary is sponsoring a graphic design contest for department t-shirts with the winning design team to receive a prize of $480.
The Department of Computer Science at the College of William & Mary is sponsoring a graphic design contest for department t-shirts with the winning design team to receive a prize of $480. The contest is open to all W&M undergraduates pursuant to the stated rules below.
A committee will judge the submissions received by the deadline and select three from among the best. The final selection from among the three designs chosen by the judging committee will be made by a vote of the entire W&M computer science community which includes all computer science majors, minors, graduate students, faculty, and staff. The winning design will be used to print computer science department t-shirts before Homecoming 2012. All current computer science majors and minors will receive a free t-shirt as a complimentary gift, as will all members of the winning design team.
1) All submissions must be made by teams consisting of one or more currently enrolled W&M undergraduates, of which at least one must be a declared computer science major or minor.
2) The graphic designs, which must be original and not violate copyright law, should be representative of the Department of Computer Science at the College of William & Mary.
3) All submissions must be received by noon (EDT) on Wednesday, 3 October 2012.
4) The designs must be submitted in electronic form in either pdf or jpeg format as an attachment in email delivered to XYZ@cs.wm.edu. All submissions will be received by someone not on the judging committee and the members of the committee will neither know the names of those making submissions nor be allowed to be a member of a team submitting a design.
5) Only one submission per team is allowed and the names of each team member must accompany the submission. The design can be for just the front of the shirt, for just the back, or for both. Make sure that both "Computer Science" and "William & Mary" figure prominently!
6) The computer science department will make the final choice as to the color of both the design and t-shirt. But if you desire a design be done in a particular color, or you have a preference as to the color of the t-shirt, please indicate your preference when you submit your entry.
7) The design chosen for use on the department t-shirt becomes the property of the Department of Computer Science at the College of William & Mary.