Hebrew Placement

Students seeking credit for biblical Hebrew courses taken elsewhere must contact the Classical Studies Department Chair. Students seeking placement to enable them to continue in biblical Hebrew at William and Mary are furthermore required to petition the professor teaching the class in which enrollment is sought. That professor reviews the student's records and completes a departmental placement form, which the student submits to the Department Chair for final approval. The student must request an "instructor permission" override for the appropriate course. For more information about studying Biblical Hebrew at William and Mary, please visit our FAQs page.