- Roman Dining, edited by Barbara K. Gold and John F. Donahue, A Special Issue of American Journal of Philology 2005
- The Roman Community at Table During the Principate (University of Michigan Press 2004)
- Describing Greece: Landscape and Literature in the Periegesis of Pausanias (Cambridge University Press, 2005).
- A Little Latin Reader, Mary C. English and Georgia L. Irby (Oxford University Pres 2011)
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Natural Scientists: The Greek Tradition and its Many Heirs, edited by Paul T. Keyser, Georgia Irby (Routledge 2009)
- Greek Science of the Hellenistic Era: A Sourcebook, edited by Georgia Irby and Paul T. Keyser (Taylor & Francis, Inc. 2001)
- Military Religion in Roman Britain (Brill 1999)
- Athenian Potters and Painters III (Oxbow Books 2014)
- The Greek Vase: Art of the Storyteller. (British Museum 2013 and J. Paul Getty Museum 2013)
- Die antiken Sarkophagreliefs, Die attischen Sarkophage, Andere Mythen, (Deutsches Archäologisches Institut 2011).
- Bildkonzepte in der Hermeneutik griechischer Vasenmalerei, Beihefte zum Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum Deutschland IV, co-edited with Stefan Schmidt (Munich, C.H. Beck 2009).
- Athenian Potters and Painters II: The Conference Proceedings, co-edited with O. Palagia, (Oxford, Oxbow 2009)
- Picturing Death in Classical Athens: The Evidence of the White Lekythoi (Cambridge University Press 2004)
- Coming of Age in Ancient Greece: Images of Childhood from the Classical Past, co-authored with Jenifer Neils, (New Haven, CT, Yale University Press 2003)
- Athenian Potters and Painters: The Conference Proceedings, chief editor, co-edited with W.D.E. Coulson and O. Palagia (Oxford, Oxbow 1997)
- The Achilles Painter (Mainz, Philipp von Zabern 1997)
- The Wedding in Ancient Athens, co-authored with R.H. Sinos, (Madison, University of Wisconsin Press 1993), paperback (2001)
- Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum, The Walters Art Gallery, fasc. 1, U.S.A. fasc. 28 (Mainz, Philipp von Zabern 1992)
- Debris from a Public Dining Place in the Athenian Agora, co-authored with S.I. Rotroff, Hesperia, Supplement XXV (Princeton, American School of Classical Studies 1992)
- The Phiale Painter, Kerameus 8 (Mainz, Philipp von Zabern 1990)
- Greek Tragedy in Vergil's Aeneid: Ritual, Empire, and Intertext (Cambridge University Press 2009)
- The Cambridge Companion to Ancient Mediterranean Religions (Cambridge University Press 2013)
- The Roman Goddess Ceres (Texas University Press 1996)
- Egypt in Italy: Visions of Egypt in Roman Imperial Culture (Cambridge University Press 2015)