In its Honors Program the International Relations program awards one level of Honors to student research projects. The projects listed below have been defended successfully, and a copy of the thesis deposited in Swem Library.
- Student, "Thesis" (Honors level)
Committee Chair + Other Committee Members
- Wenfan Chen, "The History Question in Sino-Japanese Relations" (Honors)
Eric Han + Leisa Meyer, Tun-jen Cheng
- Elsa Marya Voytas, "Justice and a Lack Thereof: Comparative Perspectives on Accountability in the Southern Cone" (Honors)
Maurits van der Veen + Michael Tierney, Betsy Konefal, Donald Campbell
- Nicholas Bell, "Government Performance, Identity, and Support for Further Devolution in Europe" (Honors)
Clay Clemens + Tuska Beneš, Ron Rapoport
- Andrew Bessler, "The Nuclear Taboo Paradox: Destabilizing Consequences of the Norm" (Honors)
Amy Oakes + Hiroshi Kitamura, Dennis Smith
- Kate Clough, "Latin America During the Cold War: The Role of U.S. Soft Power" (Honors)
Amy Oakes + Jonathan Arries, Brian Blouet
- John Kirn, "Visions of the Good: International Politics and the Struggle for Justice" (Honors)
David Dessler + Jacob Goodson, Stephen Hanson
- Sneha Raghavan, "Trading Guns for Butter" (High Honors)
Amy Oakes + Hiroshi Kitamura, Paul Manna
- Dina Tarek Abdel-Fattah, "The Comparative Effect of Minority Vetoes on Shared Governance in Post-Conflict Consociational Societies: Case Studies of Bosnia-Herzegovina and Lebanon"
Paula Pickering + Rani Mullen, Abdul-Karem Rafeq
- Brian Patrick Doyle, "Why do the Strong Quit?: Causes of Counterinsurgent Withdrawal during Overseas Insurgencies" (Honors)
Debra Shushan + Kathrin Levitan, Brian Blouet
- Richard Pell Jordan, "Olympians" (Honors)
David Dessler + Michael Tierney, Laurie Koloski
- Lewis C. Wilkins, "The Future of Early Warning Systems" (Honors)
Carl Moody + Sean Tarter, Arnab Basu, Tobias Hofmann
- Pooja Gupta, "Should, Not Shall" -- How Customary International Law Increases NGO Efficacy" (Honors)
David Dessler + David Backer, Kris Lane
- Rachel Walsh, "Education and Islamic Radicalization in the Arabian Peninsula" (Highest Honors)
Dennis Smith + Debra Shulman, Abdul-Karim Rafeq
- Sadie Lil Gardner, "Exploring Informality: An Empirical Analysis of the Informal Economy" (High Honors)
T.J. Cheng + Rani Mullen, Berhanu Abegaz
- Ashley Megan Kramer, "Institutions and Economics: The Effectiveness of Reconstruction Efforts in Bosnia" (High Honors)
Paula Pickering + Mike Tierney, Till Schreiber
- Alvin Bradley Potter, "Preventive Force and Nuclear Weapons: Playing with Matches?" (Honors)
Amy Oakes + Mitchell Reiss, Mike Tierney, Todd Averett
- Michael Richard Woolslayer, "Confronting Jihad: Past Experience and Counterterrorism Since September 11" (High Honors)
Clay Clemens + Dennis Smith, Hiroshi Kitamura
- Laura Aileen Sauls, "Green Aid Meets Grassroots Development: Explaining Environmental Aid Flows to Central America since the Rio Earth Summit" (High Honors)
Mike Tierney + Karen Frey, David Feldman
- Melissa Janelle White, "The Globalization of Intellectual Property Rights and the Development Dilemma: Who Violates and Why?" (High Honors)
T.J. Cheng + Katherine Rahman, Clyde Haulman
- Sean Fox, "Institutionalism and Neorealism in NATO Interventions" (Honors)
Greg Miller + Hiroshi Kitamura, Katherine Rahman
- Emily Meredith, "China Perceived: The View of China's Peaceful Rise" (Honors)
T.J. Cheng + Sophie Hart, Ron Rosenberg
- Stephanie Reed, "Greenbacks as an Indicator of Green Support: What the international environmental allocations of the United States have to say about U.S. foreign ..." (High Honors)
Maria Ivanova + Rob Hicks, Timmons Roberts, Mike Tierney
- Amy Rossnagel, "Microfinance Institutions During Financial Crises" (Honors)
David Feldman + Berhanu Abegaz, Mike Tierney
- Peter de Nesnera, "Peacekeepers for Hire: Private Military Companies and the United Nations"
Harvey Langholtz + David Dessler, Hiroshi Kitamura
- Jonathan Lasken, "Getting the Message Across: A Quantitative Study on How to Deal with State Sponsors of Terrorism and the International Terrorist Groups They Harbor"
Sue Peterson + Steve Shellman, Naama Zahavi-Ely
- Nicole Schroeder, "Integrating the Balkans: How Slovenia and Bulgaria are Becoming Part of the European Union"
Paula Pickering + Clay Clemens, Berhanu Abegaz
- Jennifer Maul, "The Changing Face of Trade: American Trade Policy and Competitive Liberalization"
- Jessica Young, "The Problems with European Union Language Policy"
- James Long, "Citizens and Their Agents: Rebel Movements and Political Violence in Africa"
- Bradley Parks, "To the Aid of the Environment? A Preliminary Exploration of Recipient-Level Factors Determining Bilateral 'Green' Aid Allocation"
- Lindsay Manning, "At the Intersection of the International System and the State: The Case of the World Health Organization in Cameroon"