The CGA is committed to:
- Promoting the use of GIS across the entire W&M community.
- Providing the resources and support required for students and faculty to incorporate GIS into their research.
- Assisting faculty in incorporating GIS into their teaching.
- Expanding and enhancing GIS offerings to W&M students and faculty.
- Equipping students with the GIS skills, knowledge, and connections to pursue GIS careers upon graduation.
- Delivering a quality and current GIS curriculum to W&M students and staff.
- Recognizing the role of GIS in contributing to the development and implementation of sound environmental policies.
- Creating a synergistic research center that encourages multidisciplinary activities and research.