Founded in 2003 by biology professors Dan Cristol and John Swaddle, iibbs (pronounced ibis) is an integrative research and educational institute that brings together biology, mathematics, economics, and philosophy to understand the interactions of birds and society.
Achievements of iibbs
Since 2003, iibbs faculty have:
- Published more than 30 research articles in some of the leading science journals (most recently in Science and PLoS One) all with undergraduate and/or graduate student co-authors
- Provided significant research experiences for more than 40 undergraduates
- Trained more than 15 graduate students
- Placed students in leading graduate programs and high profile research jobs in government agencies and private companies
- Attracted millions of dollars of external funding from federal, corporate, and private sources.
Interested in joining iibbs?
Feel free to contact any of our members, we are all happy to talk about our projects!