Stamps 1693 Leadership Scholar
(Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology)
Philosophy and Computer Science
Distinctions and Awards
- Second place paper at the 2014 W&M National Undergraduate Philosophy Conference.
- Paper titled “McInterpellation: Late Capitalism and the Moscow McDonalds” published in the W&M Comparative Humanities Undergraduate Journal Fall 2014 Issue
- Paper titled "Gangnam Style, or: The Hollow Core of Consumerism" forthcoming in the W&M Comparative Humanities Undergraduate Journal Spring 2015 Issue
- Experimental fiction piece titled "((((((((((((((layers" published in theNewerYork
- Experimental fiction piece titled "Euclid, M.B.A." published in the NewerYork.
- Experimental fiction piece titled "Play" published in theNewerYork
- Experimental fiction piece titled "Heterodox Readings of Contemporary Musical Culture Assembled by a Machine in my Garage" published in theNewerYork
- Fiction piece titled "Face" published in Eunoia Review
- Experimental fiction piece titled "for birds" forthcoming in the print edition of theNewerYork magazine
- 2014: Internship at QuadraMed - researched, developed, and prototyped a quality measure analytics application for hospitals to use in their electronic health record systems.
- 2013: Learned Hindi at Indiana University, acted in and co-wrote a Bollywood-style remake of Rocky entitled Rakesh.
Investigating the way in which the physical space in which we conduct our activities acts upon the ideological assumptions which dictate those activities, with a focus on how the structure of educational institutions affects pedagogical practice. Highlighted in the 2012 President's Report (page 18).
- Editor-at-Large of theNewerYork literary magazine
- Editor-in-Chief of the Comparative Humanities Undergraduate Journal
- President of Philosophy Club
- Directed the 2014 W&M National Undergraduate Philosophy Conference with a $1500 grant awarded by the Charles Center Community of Scholars fund
- Director of the 2015 W&M National Undergraduate Philosophy Conference, awarded a $1500 grant from the Charles Center Community of Scholars fund
- Contributing Editor of the W&M Review literary journal
- German Critical Thought II (Sophomore Year)
- Modern & Postmodern Literary Theory (Freshman Year)