Murray 1693 Scholar
(Potomac Falls High School and the Loudoun County Academy of Science)
I only applied to a few places, because I knew what I wanted to see in a school. It was a tall order, really: small student body, beautiful campus, brilliant professors, extensive undergraduate research, freedom to study what I wanted and delicious food. I thought it wasn't possible, but W&M has given me all but one of those things, and I couldn't see myself anywhere else.
- Ireland! Check out my blog.
- W&M Washington DC Summer Institute on Leadership and Community Engagement
- Check out this YouTube video about the program. I was one of the students highlighted.
Storytelling (self-designed interdisciplinary major)
Extracurriculars at W&M
- Gentlemen of the College all-male a capella group
- Someone You Know sexual assault awareness and advocacy group
- Genopolitics research lab with Professor Jaime Settle
- Occasional Homebrew performer
Possible "1693 Projects"
- "How the Batman Got His Cowl, and Other Stories: Ancient Symbolism in Popular Culture"
- "I Love Rock and Roll, and So Can You: Music's Impact on Neural Oscillation"
- "The Polyphasic Man: A Study on Not Sleeping"
- "The Food-Mood Connection: the Effect of Dietary Hormone Signaling on Emotion and Performance"
- "Ayiti Se Kikote M'te Kite M'Ke: Improving Haitian National Literacy Through Children's Books"
- Go back to Haiti
- Make some decisions. Maybe.