Stamps 1693 Leadership Scholar
Virginia Beach, VA (Norfolk Academy)
I was pretty sure that William & Mary was the place for me when I visited for the interview weekend. The campus is small enough to allow for both lecture halls and small discussion based courses, but large enough to provide various opportunities in student activities. The students also had a love for the school and their respective fields that I just did not find at any other university. Both the professors and the students here are brilliant and passionate which makes for an interesting learning environment. Since I have started attending the college, I have loved hearing about the diverse interests of the students and the professors ranging from Biomatematics to the German election system. The added benefits of the scholarship made coming to William & Mary the clear decision.
Physics major and possibly an Arabic minor
Extracurriculars at William & Mary
- VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood
- Society of Physics Students
- Women's Club Rugby - Vice President
- Project Phoenix Tutoring Program
- William & Mary in DC Summer Internship Program
- Singer in Llamas at Brunch
Summer 2014 Research
- I was a part of a research team (REU) working with Professor Barbara in the Physics Department at Georgetown University. The research group focused on nanoscale devices.