Stamps 1693 Leadership Scholar
Virginia Beach, VA (Norfolk Academy)
I was pretty sure that William & Mary was the place for me when I visited for the interview weekend. The campus is small enough to allow for both lecture halls and small discussion based courses, but large enough to provide various opportunities in student activities. The students also had a love for the school and their respective fields that I just did not find at any other university. Both the professors and the students here are brilliant and passionate which makes for an interesting learning environment. Since I have started attending the college, I have loved hearing about the diverse interests of the students and the professors ranging from Biomatematics to the German election system. The added benefits of the scholarship made coming to William & Mary the clear decision.
Physics major and Arabic minor
Extracurriculars at William & Mary
- VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood
- Society of Physics Students
- Women's Club Rugby
- Project Phoenix Tutoring Program
- William & Mary in DC Summer Internship Program
Summer 2014 Research
- I will be a part of a research team (REU) working with Professor Barbara in the Physics Department at Georgetown University. The research group will focus on nanoscale devices.
High School Activities
- President of the Norfolk Academy International Relations Club
- Recipient of the David Ari Levitt Award
- Recipient of the award for Female Excellence in History
- Member of Cum Laude Society
- Member of the first in the state TEAMS engineering group.
- Furman Scholar
- Cast Member of the Winter Musical for 7 years
- Singer in Carbon Jam (local band) (solo acoustic clip)
- Member of the first in the state Knowledge Bowl Team
- Top 10 in the state in the National French Exam for 3 years