William & Mary has a guaranteed admission agreement with the Virginia Community Colleges. This statewide articulation agreement between William & Mary and all schools in the VCCS guarantees admission to those students who complete the following requirements:
- After completing a minimum of 15 credit hours of general education courses at the community college and earning at least a 3.4 GPA, submit the Letter of Intent and a transcript one year prior to the desired matriculation date to:
College of William and Mary
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Attention: Transfer Dean of Admission
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
(Letters of Intent and transcripts are due September 1 for Fall matriculation and January 1 for Spring)
Once the Letter of Intent is delivered, the Transfer Dean of Admission will send out a confirmation email. Contact the Director of Academic Advising if you have any questions concerning academics at W&M (Therese Lovegreen:[[talovegreen]], 757-221-2483).
- Earn a grade of "B" or better in ENG 210 or a 200-level, writing-intensive English course.
- Earn a grade of "B" or better in VCCS equivalent courses that satisfy W&M General Education Requirements:
GER 1: Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (one course)
GER 2: Natural Sciences (two courses, 1 physical science and 1 biological science, one of which must include an associated lab)
GER 3: Social Sciences (two courses)
GER 4A: History and Culture in the European Tradition (one course)
GER 4A or 4C: Cross-Cultural Issues (one course)
GER 5: Literature and History of the Arts (one course)
- Completed Associate's Degree while remaining continuously enrolled at VCCS institution.
- Earned a minimum of 45 credit hours required for the Associate's Degree through VCCS, including transfer credits. These credit hours must have been earned after high school graduation.
- Achieved a 3.6 curricular grade point average.
- Submit application and transcripts by March 1 for Fall admissions and November 1 for Spring admissions. The application entails the Transfer Common Applicaiton and W&M Member Page, an official high school transcript, and official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Apply for financial aid with the Office of Financial Aid (757) 221- 2420 as soon after January 1 for the following academic year for Fall admissions and September 1 for Spring