William & Mary is an exclusive user of the Common Application, the most humane invention of the past quarter century, but we require a few additional items as well.
A complete application to the College of William & Mary includes each of the following required materials:
- The Common Application
- The William & Mary Supplement to the Common Application
- The Secondary School Report form complete with a high school transcript and counselor letter of recommendation
- The Midyear School Report form (Note: This form should be mailed to the admission office with an updated transcript as soon as first semester grades are available.)
- An official report of standardized test score(s) - Information regarding W&M's standardized testing requirements
- $70 application fee payment, or a fee waiver request
Please Note: The Common Application, the William & Mary Supplement, the application fee payment and all school reports including transcripts may all be submitted online. Any materials mailed or otherwise submitted to the admission office must be postmarked by the appropriate application deadline.
If you are a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia and are seeking in-state tuition privileges, you must complete the Application for In-state Tuition Privileges which is found on the second and third pages of the William & Mary Supplement to the Common Application. Information about in-state residency requirements is available through the Office of the University Registrar.
Optional application materials include:
- A Teacher Evaluation form including a teacher letter of recommendation
- SAT II Subject Tests
- On-campus interview
- Creative and Performing Arts Submissions