We know that clicking submit does not put an end to the application anxiety.
William & Mary's first avenue of communication with applicants is email. That is how we will let you know where in the processing stage your application is. We will also send your admission decision via email (early December for Early Decision, early April for Regular Decision) so it is imperative that you check the email you provided in your Common Application frequently.
- When we download your application from the Common App or we receive your Common Application in the mail we will email you (transfer applicants) or you and your parents (freshman applicants) to let you know we have received your actual application.
- When we match your application to the other required application components (test scores, application fee, and high school transcript for freshmen; application fee, high school transcript, and college transcript for transfers) we will send you (transfer applicants) or you and your parents (freshman applicants) a second email letting you know the required components of your application have been received and your application has been completed and is ready for review.
- Note: we do not track receipt of optional components such as art submissions or teacher recommendations so we do not notify you of receipt of those materials.
- Should any required component be missing, we will contact you via email to let you know what is missing. We will also let you know how you can send the missing materials to our office (no penalty is assessed should something not arrive).
- Remember to add @wm.edu emails to your "safe senders" list. If you do not, our emails may be sent to your spam or junk folders.