Support a more fully diverse W&M community.
Communicate W&M's commitment to diversity.
- Improve coordination across organizations dealing with diversity issues (Glover has the lead coordinating this and all other the steps below)
- Recognize individuals and organizations that help to celebrate diversity
- Increase outreach to underrepresented alumni groups
Ensure a welcoming and supportive campus.
- Educate the W&M workforce about diversity issues
- Align unit and university diversity plans
- Continue the momentum of the Lemon Project
Increase the diversity of the student body, faculty and staff.
- Assess affirmative action outcomes and update annual plans
- Explore and implement the most effective ways of identifying and considering highly qualified job candidates from under-represented groups
(These steps are coordinated by the W&M Diversity Committee, which also tracks implementation.)