The Office of Student Affairs serves undergraduates and grad students alike. Feel free to contact us if you'd like to know more.
For All Students
- William & Mary is proposing a policy designed to ensure that surveys conducted by students or student organizations are appropriately designed and administered, by requiring that such surveys be coordinated through the Director of Student Affairs Planning & Assessment. The proposed policy applies only to non-academic surveys of W&M students or employees -- the policy does not apply to surveys done as part of an academic course or as part of research for academic credit. The proposed policy is now available for review and will be open for campus comment until October 11, 2013.
- Current Student Resources
- City of Williamsburg: Student Information
- College-wide Committees
- Commencement information, including the Student Commencement Speaker Competition
- Honor System Review Report
- Campus Security & Crime Information
- Our office collects student activity sheets (pdf) each semester to help track your involvement, campus honors, and work experience. This is very useful when you ask for letters of recommendation or when committees are considering students for honor organizations and other special recognitions.
- Continuing students who have held leadership positions on campus can apply for the Paul C. Jost Summer Scholarship to fund summer study. One scholarship for approximately $2000 is awarded each summer. Jost Scholarship applications for Summer 2014 must be submitted by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, April 7. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The William & Mary Spirit Scholarship was established in 2012 to honor and support students who personify the W&M spirit through their extracurricular activities and demonstrated commitment to the College. Applicants must be continuing students who have (1) documented financial need, and (2) a record of student leadership, community and/or international service, and enthusiastic support of the College. One recipient is selected each summer and the scholarship--approximately $1,000--becomes part of that student's financial aid package for the coming academic year. The application deadline (usually early May) is advertised here and on Student Happenings.