- Grant funding may be used for costs such as registrations and certifications, but may NOT be used for travel or meal related expenses
- The average grant is between $100-$200.
- Grants are available only to Student Affairs employees. Proposals for grants must be consistent with the mission of the Division of Student Affairs.
- Grant recipients may be asked to report on their experience or outcomes of their project within their own unit or the Division.
Examples of Approved Funding
Past grants have helped to fund some of the following experiences:
- Training to become a ropes course instructor
- Attending an MBTI training workshop
- Conducting site visits to other campuses to research pertinent issues or benchmark services, programs and procedures
- Attending a workshop on the effectiveness of peer education in preparation to launch a peer education program on campus.
Apply for Funding
Apply for funding. Once you apply, the Staff Engagement and Recognition Committee will consider your request. A member of the committee will contact you within 30 days of your submitted request.
For additional information or questions about professional development grants, please contact [[gmhend,Greg Henderson]] or [[cvanveen,Casey Van Veen]], co-chairs of the Staff Engagement and Recognition Committee.