Family Weekend has a wonderful variety of activities for families. Check out this year's schedule for an idea of what we offer during Family Weekend. Please note: this schedule will be updated regularly with new events up until Family Weekend.
- Schedule of Events (pdf)
Signature Weekend Events
- Take a Class (all day) - Find out what a typical class is like at William and Mary. Several faculty members will open their classrooms up to families to sit in on a lecture. Note: the list of open classes will be released the week before Family Weekend. Not all classes will be open.
- Family Weekend Concert - The Women’s Chorus, the William and Mary Choir, the Wind Symphony, and the Orchestra perform—William and Mary Hall
- Lantern Tours of "Old Campus" and the Historic Wren Yard - Learn about the history of the Wren Building and "Old" Campus by lantern light.
- Featured Faculty Series - Faculty lectures from a variety of subjects.
- President's Welcome Session
- Family Weekend Picnic - Enjoy a picnic lunch complete with a jazz trio, tours of the historic Wren Building and President's house, and socializing with other W&M families. Wren Yard (ticket purchase required)
- William & Mary Sings - A Capella Concert featuring a dozen talented student a cappella groups. Lake Matoaka Amphitheater (rain: W&M Hall)
- Tribe Football! - Zable Stadium (ticket purchase required)
- Bone Marrow Family Weekend 5K (Begins at 8:30 a.m. in front of the Student Recreation Center) - Pre-register or arrive at 7:30 a.m. for race day registration.