September 20-22, 2013
The College of William & Mary invites all W&M Families to experience campus life first-hand at Family Weekend 2013 from September 20-22! The weekend features a wide variety of family-friendly events and special programs that you can enjoy together with your W&M student or on your own.
REGISTRATIONRegister for Family Weekend! See below for information about check-in during the weekend. In addition to all of the non-fee activities listed on the schedule, your registration grants you these benefits:
- Use of the Student Recreation Center (for guests 18 years and older)
- Entry to the Campus Bookstore Wine & Cheese social and chance to win a Nook Color e-Reader
- Exclusive discounts for parents and families at local area businesses and attractions
- A chance to win a $100 dining gift certificate
Upon your arrival please stop at Phi Beta Kappa Hall (view a pdf map). Check-in and information hours are:
- Friday, 9/20 8:00 am-6:00 pm
- Saturday, 9/21 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- Sunday, 9/22 No check-in or information site available.
At check-in, families will receive information about Family Weekend events for you and any guests that may accompany you. Please note that some events require separately purchased tickets and some student-run events may ask for an admission fee at the door. If you purchased picnic tickets those will also be given to you at check-in. If your family is unable to make it to campus during the hours listed above you may send your W&M student to pick up your items.
We are pleased to offer a festive luncheon available for purchase ($10 for adults 13 and older; $5 for children 12 and younger). Pre-ordered ticket sales end Wednesday, September 18 (so we can give a count to our catering department). Pre-ordered tickets will be available for pick-up at check-in. Picnic tickets will also be sold at the picnic for $12 adults, $7 children.
Tribe vs. Rhode Island
Tickets are available for purchase by web, phone or mail. Any questions about football tickets should be directed to the Athletic Ticket Box Office (757-221-3340).
- General Information: 757-221-1236 or [[studentaffairs, Student Affairs]].
- Football Tickets: Athletics - 757-221-3340 or [[shmiln, Tickets]].
- Family Weekend Schedule. This schedule (pdf) is updated regularly as we are notified of new campus-wide events.
- Open Classes - See what classes faculty have opened up for families to join on Friday, September 20 (list will be available one week prior).
All visitors and guests to the College of William & Mary campus may have 24 hours of free access on the unencrypted wireless network once per week. Guests may also access the W&M encrypted wireless network and request to extend access beyond the 24-hour guest period by having a W&M sponsor. Anyone with a wm.edu e-mail address may sponsor guest access.
Access is simple. When the you (the visitor) are on campus:
- Open up a web browser, and you will be automatically directed to the network authentication page (connect.wm.edu).
- Click "I'm a guest/conference attendee" and put in your name and email address.
- Then pick between the standard 24 hours of guest access or additional access with a W&M sponsor.
- For additional access, you will enter the email address of the W&M sponsor. This must be an email address ending in "wm.edu" (@wm.edu, @email.wm.edu, @mason.wm.edu, @physics.wm.edu are all acceptable).
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
If you requested additional access, the sponsor will be sent an email with options to grant guest access for either 2 days, one week, or one month.
Please let us know if you any additional questions send to [[studentaffairs]]. We look forward to you visiting on Family Weekend.