The schedule of events is provided here for your general reference. PLEASE NOTE: The schedule is updated regularly from the time it is first posted until Family Weekend, so please check back regularly as new Family Weekend activities are added.
Many classes are open to visiting family members on Family Weekend Friday. A list of open classes will be posted approximately 1 week in advance. You may visit any class on the list, even if your student is not in the class.
When visiting classes, please remember to observe appropriate classroom etiquette -- turn off cell phones and refrain from having private conversations during the class. The students, professors, and your fellow visitors thank you!
Register for Family Weekend. We ask that all families register in order to help us plan for the weekend. See below for information about check-in during the weekend. In addition to all of the non-fee activities listed on the schedule, your registration grants you these benefits:
- Use of the Student Recreation Center (for guests 18 years and older)
- Entry to the Campus Bookstore Wine & Cheese social and chance to win a Nook Color e-Reader
- Exclusive discounts for parents and families at local area businesses and attractions
- A chance to win a $100 dining gift certificate
The Tribe vs. Rhode Island - Saturday, September 21 @ 7:00 p.m. The Family Weekend football game often sells out early. Order your football tickets today!
Visit the check-in area in Phi Beta Kappa Hall. Volunteers will be on-hand to answer questions, provide campus maps, may even have some goodies to hand out!
- Most outdoor activities will be moved indoors if the weather is bad. Rain sites are listed next to each event in the schedule, as appropriate.
- If you provide your cell phone # on the registration form, we will contact you via text if a rain plan goes into effect.
- Or you may call the Special Events Information Line -- 757-221-3868 -- to find out if rain plans are in effect. Information on this line will be updated throughout the weekend, as necessary.