September 20-22, 2013
The College of William & Mary invites all W&M Families to experience campus life first-hand at Family Weekend 2013 from September 20-22! The weekend features a wide variety of family-friendly events and special programs that you can enjoy together with your W&M student or on your own.
Registration opens August 7, 2013. Your Family Weekend registration offers access to most campus events throughout the weekend. See below for information about check-in. In addition to all of the non-fee activities listed on the schedule, your registration grants you these benefits:
- Use of the Student Recreation Center (for guests 18 years and older)
- Free entry into the Muscarelle Museum of Art
- Entry to the Campus Bookstore Wine & Cheese social and chance to win a Nook Color e-Reader
- Exclusive discounts for parents and families at local area businesses and attractions
- A chance to win a $100 dining gift certificate
Upon your arrival please stop at Phi Beta Kappa Hall (click here for a map). Check-in and information hours are:
- Friday, 9/20 8:00 am-9:00 pm
- Saturday, 9/21 8:00 am-2:00 pm
- Sunday, 9/22 No check-in or information site available.
At check-in, families will receive badges that allow access into most Family Weekend events for you and any guests that may accompany you. Please note that some events require separately purchased tickets and some student-run events may ask for an admission fee at the door. If you purchased picnic tickets those will also be given to you at check-in. If your family is unable to make it to campus during the hours listed above you may send your W&M student to pick up your items.
We are pleased to offer a festive luncheon available for purchase ($10 for adults 13 and older; $5 for children 12 and younger). Pre-ordered ticket sales end Wednesday, September 26 (so we can give a count to our catering department). Pre-orderd tickets will be available for pick-up at check-in. Picnic tickets will also be sold at the picnic for $12 adults, $7 children. Check here to see a sample picnic menu (from 2012).
Tribe vs. TBDTickets will be available for purchase in August by web, phone, or mail. Any questions about football tickets should be directed to the Athletic Ticket Box Office (757-221-3340).
- General Information: 757-221-1236 or [[studentaffairs, Student Affairs]].
- Football Tickets: Athletics - 757-221-3340 or [[shmiln, Tickets]].
- Golf Tournament: Sponsored by Tribe Club - 757-221-1599 or [[lastar, Lisa Starbuck]].
- Family Weekend 5K "Marrowthon": Email [[studentaffairs, Student Affairs]].
- Family Weekend Schedule. The schedule will be posted in August, and it is updated regularly as we are notified of new campus-wide events.
- Open Classes - See what classes faculty have opened up for families to join on Friday, September 20 (list will be available one week prior).
Please let us know if you any additional questions send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to you visiting on Family Weekend.