College of William & Mary and the Virginia Institute of Marine Science
Integrity is one of the core values of the College of William & Mary. Thus, we are committed to lawful and ethical behavior in all of the university's activities. At William & Mary, we insist that all members of the university community – our board members, employees, students, and volunteers – comply with all laws, regulations, policies and ethical norms applicable to them. More generally, we are to be honest, fair, and trustworthy ourselves and to take care that other members of the university community are also.
We, as members of the William & Mary community, will:
- Obey the laws, regulations, and policies applicable to our university activities.
- Protect and preserve university resources and ensure their proper use.
- Avoid both conflicts of interest and the appearance of such conflicts.
- Safeguard confidential information.
- Make procurement decisions impartially and objectively.
- Maintain effective internal controls to safeguard the regularity and integrity of our activities.
- Treat other people with dignity and respect, ensuring there is no discrimination or harassment at William and Mary.
- Report any illegal or unethical action that comes to our attention, so the university can investigate and take corrective steps.
This Code of Ethics was adopted by the Board of Visitors of the College of William & Mary on April 17, 2009. It applies to William & Mary and the Virginia Institute of Marine Science.