The College of William and Mary places its highest value on the safety and security of its campus community and the well-being of each of its members. The College's Committee on Education and Prevention of Violence is charged with and committed to increasing community safety through a collaborative and thoughtful approach to educating our students, faculty and staff about the nature, causes and various forms of violence on campus as well as the prevention and restorative measures available.
William and Mary Resources
There are many campus resources available to assist you and/or someone else in crisis or in responding to threatening behavior. In a community as close-knit as ours, we can do a great deal to reach out to one another in support.
- The W&M Police, EMERGENCY - Call 911, 757-221-4596
- After hours, the evening dispatcher at the police department coordinates communication with all on-call professionals, including resident life staff, the dean on-call and the counselor on-call
- The Counseling Center, 757-221-3620
- The Student Health Center, 757-221-4386
- The Dean of Students Office, 757-221-2510
- Human Resources, 757-221-3169
- Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity, 757-221-2617
- Ombuds, 757-221-1941
- The Residence Life Office, 757-221-4314
- Residence Hall Duty Offices
- Campus Assessment and Intervention Team
- For more options, go to the Resources page