The William & Mary community recognizes that a safe and secure campus is the foundation of our educational mission. The purpose of the university’s Violence Prevention Committee is (a) to educate and provide guidance to community members about how to recognize and report threatening behaviors and (b) to create policies and procedures for threat assessment, as provided in Va Code § 23-9.2:10. Through its actions, the Committee seeks to promote an intentional culture of shared accountability for creating a safe environment in which to live, work and study.
William & Mary Resources
There are many campus resources available to assist you and/or someone else in crisis or in responding to threatening behavior. In a community as close-knit as ours, we can do a great deal to reach out to one another in support.
- The William & Mary Police, EMERGENCY - Call 911, 757-221-4596
- After hours, the evening dispatcher at the police department coordinates communication with all on-call professionals, including resident life staff, the dean on-call and the counselor on-cal
- Threat Assessment Team
- The Counseling Center, 757-221-3620
- The Student Health Center, 757-221-4386
- The Dean of Students Office, 757-221-2510
- Human Resources, 757-221-3169
- The Residence Life Office, 757-221-4314
- Residence Hall Duty Offices