receive a bomb threat:
- Take a deep, calming breath.
- If your phone has caller ID, write down the
- If possible, get someone near you to call 911. If not call 911 immediately after you receive the entire threat.
caller on the phone as long as possible by asking questions:
- What is your name?
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb?
- What does the bomb look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Is the bomb yours?
- Why was it placed here?
- Where are you calling from?
- What is your address?
about the following:
- Exact time you received the call and words used
by the caller.
- What you remember about the caller’s voice. Did it sound familiar?
- Were there any background noises?