Home » About » Administration » Emergency Information » Emergency Response » Emergency Response Guide » Bomb Threats
If you receive a bomb threat:
- Take a deep, calming breath.
- If your phone has caller ID, write down the caller’s number.
- If possible, get someone near you to call 911. If not call 911 immediately after you receive the entire threat.
Keep the caller on the phone as long as possible by asking questions:
- What is your name?
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb?
- What does the bomb look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Is the bomb yours?
- Why was it placed here?
- Where are you calling from?
- What is your address?
Make notes about the following:
- Exact time you received the call and words used by the caller.
- What you remember about the caller’s voice. Did it sound familiar?
- Were there any background noises?